NYT

NYT

Breaking Rules

Breaking Rules

Confluence

Confluence

Pretending

Pretending

Suffering

Suffering

Art Survives

Art Survives
Well today (I think), we started off in Dallas and flew to Amsterdam. We wandered the airport for a few hours where they had wooden shoes and tulips everywhere. I was going to buy a hat that had 'Amsterdam' and the leaf of a tulip on it until someone told me it was a different type of leaf... :-) ...Sorry, it's late. I did get a cool hat though. But, we made it out of Amsterdam fine and I am now in Nairobi, Kenya. Our last segment from Nairobi to Kigali, Rwanda was cancelled, but fortunately we will catch a 1:15am flight out. I say fortunately because the alternative would have been to go through customs, pay the $50 for the Visa and then a hotel room only to come back 6-8 hours later for a noon flight the next day. We are a little tired and giddy (sp?) is probably even a better word. But, we will be in Kigali before sunrise and will have the day to rest and make a 3-4 hour drive to Goma. There, we will stay put for a week. All in all, it has been a good day.